Answered By: Kristie Jones (Brisbane) Last Updated: 28 Sep 2017 Views: 1647
In Mendeley Desktop, you will need to add the ‘Translators’ field to the Book type. Go to Tools (Windows) - Options – Document Details – Book – tick the ‘Translators’ box – click Apply and then OK. If you have a Mac, the options will be under the Mendeley Desktop menu - Preferences.
- The given solution does put the field into the citation but the translators do not appear in the generated bibliography as is required in the Harvard system.
- You will need to import and use 'Endeavour College of Natural Health' style to match Endeavour's referencing style. This video explains how to import the style: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-qLIz6iLwVVQzM3Wmo4WjNURDQ/edit.
- Can someone please provide these instructions for the Mac version?
- In Mac, you can go to the Mendeley Desktop menu (to the far left) then Preferences and follow the same options.
- You really should mention about linux, because that's what is exceptional in mendeley: it is cross-platform with linux covered!!!1111one
- Unfortunately, the Library does not have access to the Linux platform. However, if you would like to post or email how to set up the translators field in Linux, we can certainly add these options as well.
- Does anyone know how to also add the year of the translation to the Mendeley entry? I want both the year of the original work and the year the translation was published to appear in my biography.
- For translated sources, the publication date of the translation always goes in the date field. If the source is a reprint, you can put the original date in brackets after the reference e.g. (Original work published ca. 500 AD). However, you won't be able to do this if you have generated your reference list using the MS word plugin in Mendeley. You could refer to the original date in the text of your assignment. An alternative is to generate your reference list by using the bibliography option in Mendeley Tips n Tricks. This will allow you to manually update the reference list: https://endeavour.libguides.com/Mendeley